Residential Custom Pool Building in Clearwater, Tampa, St. Petersburg FL and All Surrounding Areas
At Hollywood Pools and Spas, our goal is to provide every customer with a safe, beautiful and enjoyable swimming pool and spa experience. Successful residential pool building requires a thorough understanding of artistic design and building science. We are sensitive to the disruption a major home improvement project can cause, so we focus on precise preparation and planning in order to maintain a strict construction schedule.
Swimming Pool Design and Planning
Residential pools serve as a showcase item for your home, so we always begin with a meeting to discuss your ideas and concerns. We cover every detail of the process in order to determine exactly which features and options will satisfy your expectations without breaking your budget. Once we have your input, one of our pool designers will begin developing working plans and drawings to show you exactly how your pool or spa will integrate with your existing landscape. Groundbreaking only begins when you are completely satisfied and approve the site layout and overall design.
The Construction Process
The construction process is vital to avoid critical structural issues caused by inferior materials or shoddy workmanship. When your pool is completed, you can rest easily knowing it has been built to last.
- Permits: Once you approve the pool design, we secure all the necessary building permits.
- Excavation and Reinforcement: We clear the site area and lay reinforced steel rods that will support your new pool. The plumbing rough-in is also completed during this stage.
- Applying the Gunite: A mixture of sand and concrete, gunite is sprayed over the reinforced steel pool supports. When completed, this serves as the foundation and shell of your swimming pool. Surface finishes are applied after the shell has cured.
- Grading and Finished Plumbing: When the shell is completed, the deck area is graded and compacted to reduce the chance of cracking. The balance of the plumbing network is installed, and the system is pressure-tested.
- Deck Construction and Tile Installation: Forms are erected around your pool, and the concrete is poured. The tile is also installed around the waterline during this stage.
- Pool Equipment Installation: All of the filtration and circulation equipment is installed including pumps, filters and other selected options.
- Finish and Startup: After the equipment is installed, the pool is cleaned and treated with a special finish. When filled, the pool surface is brushed, and a chemical treatment is applied. Your completed pool will take about a month to cure before it is ready to use.
Complete Residential Pool Services
If you live in Pinellas County or Hillsborough County, Hollywood Pools and Spas can help turn your backyard into the ultimate outdoor retreat. We create vanishing edges, beach entries, faux rocks, waterfalls, slides, lighting effects and fountains to enhance the splendor and ambiance of your backyard. Your new pool will provide endless hours of outdoor fun and increase the value of your home. Call one of our friendly representatives to learn more about the many benefits of installing a new pool and spa.