Pool Resurfacing Services in St Petersburg, FL
Your swimming pool is the first thing guests notice when they walk into your backyard for the first time. A brand new pool with shimmering water is pleasant to look at, but old and weathered pools can quickly become an eyesore. If your swimming pool is looking a bit haggard, it may be time to consider a resurfacing project.
Water is corrosive, and it works relentlessly to attack the surface of your pool. Over time, the bright color begins to fade, and walking on the bottom may actually hurt your feet. Older pools with a plaster or Macrite finish are the most likely candidates for resurfacing. While these finishes were popular in the late 90s, almost every new swimming pool installation has an aggregate finish.
Modern finishes last between two and 10 times longer than plaster, and they are stunning in appearance. An aggregate finish can have a conventional pebbled texture or the smoothness of polished marble or quartz. In either case, your new pool surface will be more attractive and last much longer than the material you are replacing.
Our Process: How We Resurface a Pool
At Hollywood Pools and Spas, our resurfacing process ensures your pool will have a modern, striking appearance. Every pool resurfacing project includes the following steps:
- Preparation: Our initial consultation helps determine the scope of the project and provides the customer with the opportunity to browse through the wide array of surface options and colors we offer. When the permit process is complete, we will drain your pool according to local regulations.
- Interior Removal: After the water is removed, the existing interior is carefully chipped or water blasted away using specially designed equipment. The tile is then either scuffed or removed at this time as well.
- Added Options: Any plumbing modifications, decking changes, water features, pool equipment, boulders and other improvements are installed in this phase.
- Interior Surface Replacement: The installation process depends entirely on the surface you select. Most materials are applied through a pressurized nozzle operated by a trained technician. The material is then smoothed by a hand trowel until there are no imperfections in the surface.
- Fill the Pool: After the material has been dried and washed down with an acid wash, the pool is then filled back up with water. The fill process must not be interrupted until the water reaches the middle of the pool tiles. Filling the pool improperly can cause discoloration and negatively impact the integrity of the surface.
- Start Up: Once the pool has filled completely, all of the critical chemicals are added in order to balance the water. The pool equipment is started and the interior surface is brushed to remove any residue accumulated during the installation process.
The Pool Resurfacing Professionals
Resurfacing a pool is a project that requires patience, skill, and the right tools and technology. If your pool is looking a bit ragged and dingy, call the professionals at Hollywood Pools and Spas. We have been serving customers in Pinellas and Hillsborough counties since 1974, and we take the utmost pride in providing complete pool, spa and backyard services.